Effective project management involves planning, coordinating, and managing resources to ensure that a project successfully achieves its target goals within the given constraints.
Great street designs cannot be realized without effective coordination and project management. Identify all relevant project stakeholders and define project roles early. Maintain clear communication and coordination from start to finish, and ensure appropriate agencies and technical experts provide consistent input at all stages of project design and development.
Coordinate among the various stakeholders, designers, and project executors to clarify the project scope, schedule, budget, and desired outcomes.
Pre-Project Planning and Coordination
Ensure that adequate planning and coordination takes place before a project begins, so everyone is working toward the same identified objectives.
- Identify clear schedule, budget, scope, and quality objectives for the project.
- Clarify any constraints on the existing site.
- Engage all parties from the very beginning, showcase the benefits of the project, and set up an ongoing transparent system of communication.
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders.
- Coordinate project plans to align with local policies, guidelines, and codes.
- Identify potential impediments early in the process and allow for unexpected costs and delays.
- Establish a timeline for routine follow-ups, site visits, and updates to ensure that the project is implemented as planned and that challenges are addressed as soon as they occur.
- Coordinate with adjacent ongoing work in order to achieve greater impacts and reduce future reconstruction or repair.