New four-lane, center-running BRT transitway replacing four mixed-traffic travel lanes.
Level-boarding central platform.
Planted side medians.
Central walk-through pedestrian paths connecting all the stations on the avenue.
Pedestrian markings and LED signals with countdown clocks added to transit stops.
City of Buenos Aires, Federal Government, bus operators
Citizen Associations and Nonprofits
Local nonprofits and associations of residents, bus drivers, taxi drivers, and shopkeepers
- Improve road safety and traffic conditions.
- Improve transit performance, efficiency, and reliability.
- Promote modal shift from private vehicles to collective transport.
- Improve air quality, reduce energy consumption and emissions.
- Reduce noise pollution.
- Redesign 60% of all streets in the central area to prioritize pedestrians and cyclists.