- Balance existing uses.
- Enhance user experience, increase pedestrian safety, and calm traffic.
- Reduce disruptive construction practices by investing in upfront, quality
- construction for long-term durability.
Enhanced and extended sidewalks.
One-way protected cycle tracks.
Consistent travel lanes.
Dedicated and paved bus, auto rickshaw, and parking bays.
Landscaped strip between the motorized and non-motorized paths.
Protection and enhancement of existing trees with pits and guards.
Reconfiguration of underground utilities with the creation of access chambers for utility lines.
Keys to Success
- Interagency coordination.
- Public participation and involvement from the early stages of the project.
- Documentation and verification of existing utilities as part of planning and design process.
Government of Karnataka, Bangalore Municipal Corporation (BBMP), Bangalore Development Authority, KPTCL, Traffic Police, Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), BESCOM
Jana Urban Space, Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
Designers and Engineers
Jana USP (Designer), NAPC (Contractor)